Independent Redistricting Commission (IRC)
Tuesday, July 27, 5-7pm
Yavapai College, 1110 E. Sheldon Street
Building 19, Room 147 (Community Meeting Room), Prescott
Two Satellite Locations:
Yavapai College, 4215 Arts Village Drive, Sedona
Congress Elementary School, 26400 S. Tenderfoot Hill Rd., Congress
Plan to attend!
We are asking you to take ACTION! The fight against gerrymandering is coming to Yavapai County! You can participate by testifying or just by being present.
- Let us know you’re coming by clicking HERE to sign up.
- Arrive early (doors open at 4pm)
- There will be no social distancing in seating (bring a mask if appropriate)
This will be the first in a series of IRC hearings across the state. On the 27th, those who testify will inform the Commissioners about our Communities of Interest*. Your community of interest is your community – it can be a neighborhood, network or group of people who have common interests who would benefit from being grouped into a single district.
- Click HERE to read tips and suggestions about defining Communities of Interest
- Click HERE to read the article “Redistricting Will Always Be Contentious. Ask Arizona.” published by the The Center for Public Integrity on July 15, 2021.
This is our once-in-a-decade opportunity to make a major impact in the fight for fair elections. Fair elections cannot happen without fair congressional and legislative maps. We must keep gerrymandering OUT of Arizona!
Click HERE to register for a Community of Interest Workshop.
Do you find Redistricting overwhelming? If so, click HERE.
*Communities of interests are one of the six criteria the Independent Commission must consider in drawing new boundaries for congressional and state legislative districts – and it is the only criteria that depends on public input to get it right.