Who We Are
- We are part of a nationwide movement to educate, share and uphold liberty with justice for all with compassion and a dedication to truth.
- We are one of over 6,000 local chapters of the national Indivisible grassroots movement.
- We organize and advocate for peaceful, effective resistance at a local level following the strategy set forth in the Indivisible Guide.
- We welcome people of any political persuasion who are ready to resist.
- We focus on local actions in defense of the rule of law, the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution and stand united in opposition to any individual or group that seeks to erode or violate our democracy
The Steering Committee members are the President, Treasurer, Secretary, three members at large and one representative from each of the Teams.
- President-Hal Tyler (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Treasurer-Sandy DeVille (email@example.com)
- Secretary-Dee Cohen-Bruno (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Members at Large- Rosemary Dixon (rdixon2@ sbcglobal.net), John Lutes (email@example.com), Maria Lynam (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Team Representatives-Deb Cotton (email@example.com), Maria-Elena Dunn ( firstname.lastname@example.org), Nancy Mattina (email@example.com), LaBeth Pondish (firstname.lastname@example.org), Jim Stein ( email@example.com), Julia Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Human Rights
- Voter Education & Elections
- Newsletter Editors
Mission Statement: Maintains media contacts and publicizes group and team events, as requested. Keeps social media, newsletters and website of Prescott Indivisible up to date. Team members include the newsletter editors, website manager, videographer and photographers. Creates flyers and other promotional materials for recruitment of new members.
Plans and carries out events not addressed by the Teams, including protests and actions in conjunction with National Indivisible and other Arizona Indivisible groups, actions to influence members of Congress, and any town halls or forums not otherwise handled by a team.
Mission Statement: We advocate for Arizona’s public education system to move forward with a secure, sustainable funding source and for all sectors (public district, public charter, and online education) to be accountable and transparent. We believe that all children deserve early-childhood education and full-day kindergarten; we believe that all members of the teaching profession need to be fully credentialed and have professional salaries; finally, we believe that school systems need to implement evidence-based and cost-effective best practices
Jennifer Masse (email@example.com)
Maria-Elena Dunn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mission Statement: We advocate for comprehensive immigration reform that includes reasonable, fair, humane treatment and processing for all immigrants, asylum seekers, refugees, and long-term migrants such as DACA/ Dreamers currently in the United States.
What we do:
- March for immigrant justice
- Ally with local groups supporting immigrants and immigrant rights
- Publish and distribute “Know Your Rights” flyers and accompanying wallet cards
- Help immigrants on the path to citizenship
- Raise funds for local undocumented families struggling with attorney fees and other expenses.
- Provide financial assistance for local DACA recipients to renew their applications
- Contact Members of Congress regarding the many issues of immigrant justice, eg supporting Dreamers, and opposing the Wall, the Muslim ban and separating of families.
- Work with like-minded groups to register Hispanic voters and to get out the vote
- Work to elect representatives with humane and just views on immigration
- Provide an information and referral data base to better respond to requests for aid.
Marion Pack (email@example.com)
Molly Beverly (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mission Statement: The Elections Team works to support progressive campaigns to register, educate, and motivate voters. Our goal is to direct volunteers and public attention to candidates and issue-oriented organizations endorsed by Prescott indivisible and its state and national affiliates.
Bill Court (email@example.com)
Neil Cooperrider (firstname.lastname@example.org)