Prescott Indivisible is delighted to announce the debut of The Youth Perspective, a monthly column written by our intern Toby Chang. The Youth Perspective aims to share a uniquely Gen Z viewpoint on the topics, issues, and challenges of the day that younger folks find important.
We value the opinions and insights of the generations who will inherit the decades to come. This project is an effort intended to promote understanding through listening and engagement with a perspective many of us don’t get enough of… the Youth Perspective!
- September 2023: Updates on The Youth Perspective
- January 2023: Calling for a New Year’s Resolution Toward Better Political Character
- July 2022: Gun Violence, Gun Politics, and Gen Z
- May 2022: Gen Z, Political Discourse and Civic Engagement
- April 2022: Top Political Issues for the Youth of Today
Toby Chang is a student at BASIS Prescott with a passion for civic government and politics. Early on in his life, he was exposed to the partisanship and division that has overrun our media, shaping his values on unity and civil discourse.
As a teenager, Chang knows how easy it is for young people to feel voiceless and powerless to take action against the issues that impact them. He believes that equipping them with the opportunities and skills to be civically engaged is the key to securing the future of our democracy.